Re: Your counsel on defeating DDOS Attacks

On Wed, Feb 16, 2000 at 05:35:13PM -0800, David LeBlanc wrote:
| I'm hitting reply to all intentionally to spur discussion -
[...]
| I also believe that we should come up with a list of suggested best
| practices for someone providing internet services, and some way to encourage
| people to follow them, and perhaps discourage people from ignoring them
| (e.g., not route their packets).

I think that the IETF has come up with some fairly good short
documents on how to secure a system (RFC 2179, for example.)  There
are other RFCs that I can't quickly find which talk about security for
ISPs.

Adam

--
      Tired of co-workers slowing you down?  Leave them behind.
		    http://jobs.zeroknowledge.com

Page Last Updated or Reviewed: May 22, 2007